About The Program
Workplace health and safety is becoming an increasingly difficult issue for employers. It can be challenging for employers to understand their health and safety obligations which often involves reviewing a large number of laws, resolutions and guidelines to fully understand a particular aspect of health and safety.
- By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify responsibilities with regards to health and safety at workplace.
- Have an overview of health and safety obligations.
- Report workplace accidents.
- Have an overview of the criminal court process.
- Overview of Health and Safety Obligations in the UAE
- Overview of where health and safety obligations arrive in the UAE.
- Exploring key health and safety obligations under:
UAE Labor Law.
DIFC Employment Law and ADGM Employment Regulations.
- Ministerial Resolutions.
- Emirate specific regulations
- Potential liability for Workplace Injuries and Fatalities in the UAE.
- Overview of the potential liabilities that may arise following a workplace injury or fatality.
- Contractual liabilities.
- Potential liability under the UAE Labor Law.
- What is a workplace accident?
- Reporting obligations.
- Financial implications.
- Criminal Liability.
- Key provisions of UAE Penal Code.
- Who is at risk?
- Good Samaritan principle.
- Civil Liability.
- Administrative sanctions.
- Criminal Investigation Process
- What to expect during the preliminary investigation – police and other authorities.
- What to expect during the secondary investigation – public prosecutor.
- Best practice tips throughout the investigation process.
- Overview of the criminal court process and what to expect.
- Case Study of Criminal Investigation Process
- What to expect in the aftermath of a workplace injury or fatality.
- A mock criminal investigation process.
- Q & A Session
- An opportunity for attendees to raise any queries.