About The Program
The UAE economic substance rules came into effect in April 2019. All UAE entities will need to assess whether they fall within the scope of the economic substance regulations, and, if so, how they will ensure to meet the requirements.
This workshop will help business stakeholders in determining whether the UAE substance regulations apply to their business and how to ensure they can demonstrate the required compliance.
- Origin of the ESR rules and purpose.
- UAE applicable legislation.
- Basic concepts.
- Scope of the UAE ESR
- Relevant activities.
- Penalties for non compliance.
- Assessment of the Economic Substance test
- Core income generating activities (CIGA)
- Outsourced CIGA.
- Directed and managed in the UAE.
- Adequate number of employees in the UAE.
- Adequate amount of operating expenditure in the UAE.
- Adequacy of physical assets in the UAE.
- High risk intellectual property business.
- Case study.
- An opportunity for attendees to raise any queries.