About The Program
A report is essentially a communication tool. The aim is to communicate effectively to the reader. This means that it is important to produce reports that are easy to read and are fit for their purpose. A clear well structured report helps the reader to move towards taking a desired course of action.
- By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Determine the objectives of a report.
- Research and collate relevant information for the report content.
- Learn the importance of editing and proof reading.
- Analyze your target audience and their needs.
- Produce and prepare outlines for a structured and effective report.
- Understand the importance of recapping the message.
- Create faster and more confident reports.
- Create impact and convey your message clearly.
- Introduction to Report Writing
- What is a Report?
- Types of Business Reports.
- Why are some reports ineffective?
- Defining the purpose of Business Reports.
- Steps in creating a Professional Business Report
- Basic principles.
- The structure of business reports.
- Planning and preparing.
- Target audience analysis.
- Generating ideas.
- Sources of information.
- Report outline.
- Writing a Business Report
- Getting started.
- Using the right language for style, clarity and simplicity.
- Proofreading and editing.
- References, glossary and appendices.