About The Program
This course provides participants with the key skills, knowledge and attributes essential for the effective management of Human Resources.
- By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role and responsibility of an HR professional.
- Examine the processes of recruitment and selection.
- Gain skills for behavioral based interviewing techniques.
- Identify fair practices in Human Resources.
- Apply coaching skills for employee development.
- Understand the disciplinary procedure.
- Understand the key elements of performance evaluation.
- Examine motivational factors and reward management.
- The role of HR in an organization
- What is Human Resource Management?
- Strategies for talent management.
- Competency based Human Resource Management
- Definition of competency.
- Why competencies are important?
- Types of competencies.
- The benefits of a competency framework.
- Design and develop a competency framework.
- Attracting Talent
- Introduction to recruitment and selection.
- Recruitment and selection pitfalls.
- Writing effective job descriptions.
- Effective candidate screening.
- Behavioral based interviewing techniques.
- Using interview assessment tools.
- Post interview evaluation.
- Key principles for onboarding and induction.
- Developing and Managing Talent
- The difference between Coaching, Counselling and Mentoring
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- The benefits of using coaching with employees.
- Apply the GROW model in coaching.
- Managing Disciplinary Issues
- Fair Practices.
- Definition of a code of conduct.
- Disciplinary procedures.
- Dealing effectively with a disciplinary issue.
- Conducting a disciplinary interview.
- Implementing a disciplinary action.
- Holding an appeal.
- Implement a Personal Improvement Plan.
- Giving constructive feedback.
- Succession Planning
- The importance of succession planning.
- The five stages of developing a succession plan.
- The disadvantages of not having a succession plan.
- Evaluating Talent
- Performance reviews.
- Conducting an effective performance evaluation.
- The Bell Curve.
- Defining SMART performance objectives.
- Identifying training needs and plans.
- Retaining Talent
- Overview of reward management.
- The definition of motivation.
- How motivation impacts performance?
- Creating a motivational culture.
- Retaining your talent.
- Conducting exit interviews.
18 hours (3 days, 6 hours each day)
Online Live Classroom / Face to Face
Please submit above form to receive registration and fee information.
What is included?
Certificate of Completion
Post Training Support
Lunch and Refreshments
Free Valet Parking