About The Program
This course will help participants to raise their awareness of finance and use financial information in making business decisions. This course will enable participants to make a better short or long term decisions in managing their business.
- By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand basic accounting principles.
- Explain the different types of financial reports.
- Interpret key financial information.
- Understand the limitation of financial reports.
- Construct a cash budget and proforma statement.
- Evaluate different streams of cash flow.
- Apply common capital budgeting techniques.
- Interpret financial information in decision making and strategic planning.
- Assess the financial viability of current plans and projects.
- Manage and control the budget effectively on a day to day basis.
- Introduction and Expectations
- Understanding the importance of financial statements.
- Analyzing the Tools for Preparing Financial Statements
- Understanding double entry concepts.
- Recording transactions in Journals, Cash Book and General Ledger.
- Understand the difference between Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Assumptions and sources of information
- Understanding relevant and achievable targets.
- KPIs and assessments relevant to company.
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Accounting terminology within financial statements.
- Contents of Income Statements, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Understand Income and Balance Sheet.
- Understand Cash Flows.
- Analyze and Interpret Financial Statements
- Understanding vertical analysis.
- Understanding ratios.
- Limitations of financial statements
- Understand the pitfalls of over relying on financial statements.
- Understand the limitations of ratios.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Understand the financial planning process.
- How to prepare a cash budget?
- How to prepare a proforma statement?
- Capital Budgeting and Investment Analysis
- Understand and evaluate different streams of cash flow.
- Describe the characteristics of capital expenditure.
- Describe the capital budgeting process.
- Understand and apply the following capital budgeting techniques:
- Payback period.
- Net present value.
- Internal rate of return.
18 hours (3 days, 6 hours each day)
Online Live Classroom / Face to Face
Please submit above form to receive registration and fee information.
What is included?
Certificate of Completion
Post Training Support
Lunch and Refreshments
Free Valet Parking