About The Program
This course is designed for participants to know the essentials of professional business writing. You will learn how to write clearly using the correct words, sentences and paragraphs. This course will also focus on improving writing skills for the modern work environment.
- By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to organize your thoughts when writing a letter or email.
- Adhere to basic rules of email etiquette.
- Define best practice to plan and structure writing.
- Review communication style to adopt the appropriate focus and tone.
- Explore techniques in keeping your messages short and simple.
- Describe the benefits of plain English.
- Perform a calculation using the FOG Index.
- Learn how to grab your reader’s attention with a strong opening line.
- Apply the fundamental pillars of business writing for achieving the required results.
- Practice the skills of writing clear, concise, well structured professional emails.
- Module 1
- The purpose of communication.
- The reasons for good writing.
- Choosing an appropriate communication channel.
- Overcoming barriers to communication.
- Identifying common grammatical errors.
- Using an appropriate tone.
- Module 2
- Differences between the US and UK languages.
- Using clear, specific, objective and positive language.
- The importance of good sentence and paragraph construction.
- Punctuating appropriately.
- Module 3
- Email etiquette guidelines.
- Writing concise emails: Key questions to answer before writing.
- Define your objective before writing.
- The four stages of business writing: Planning, drafting, revising and proofreading.
- Organizing content to match your target audience.
- Module 4
- Structuring your draft: What must you include?
- Active and Passive voice in written communication.
- Practicing writing effective emails with work related scenarios.
- Communicating effectively in a crisis situation: Staying objective and conveying the facts
- Module 5
- How Foggy is your writing?
- Eliminate unnecessary words and phrases.
- Sentence length and formatting.
- Personal action plan.
6 hours (2 days, 3 hours each day)
Online Live Classroom / Face to Face
Please submit above form to receive registration and fee information.
What is included?
Certificate of Completion
Post Training Support
Lunch and Refreshments
Free Valet Parking