About The Program
A robust competency framework sets a standard across the organization of performance expectations. Learn the techniques to manage and implement a competency framework which defines the knowledge, skills and attributes needed for people within an organization.
- By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand competence and the benefits of an effective competency framework.
- Define the values of your organization and their links to competencies.
- Identify the knowledge skills and behaviors which deliver productivity.
- Review competency models and designs to suit your organization.
- Capturing and collating competency.
- Describe the behavioral indicators to define your organizations competencies.
- Linking learning and development strategies to long term talent management.
- Competency and framework models
- Definition of competency.
- The role of competency frameworks.
- Links to vision, mission, culture and corporate objectives.
- Achieving ROI via competency frameworks.
- Defining organizational competencies linked to business goals.
- Preparing and designing a competency framework model
- Developing competency based frameworks.
- Core competencies and criteria.
- Assessment tools: Design, usage and data capture.
- Linking business goals and objectives to competency development.
- Developing competency clusters.
- Behavioral indicators.
- The Implementation of a competency framework
- Putting competency frameworks to use.
- Selling the framework to the organization.
- Pitching to key stakeholders.
- Communicating the change throughout the organization.
- Mapping the competency framework to the organizations performance management system.