About The Program
Communication is a complex activity involving words, body language and tonality. The way we interpret a message is based on these three elements. Success in business is greatly impacted for better or worse by the way in which we communicate. Becoming an effective communicator takes practice, consistent attention and effort.
This highly practical workshop will help you develop the ability to focus on your communication objectives, adapt to your audience and develop your message for clarity and impact.
- Communication with everyone
- Self assessment of your preferred communication style.
- The impact of our natural style on others in the workplace.
- Analysis of opposite styles and the impact on communication and behavior.
- Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- The power of using the right words, tone and body language.
- Building Relationships in the Workplace
- How barriers can be overcome in building relationships.
- The importance and methods of developing trust in business relationships.
- The difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviors and how these impact on relationships.
- The assertiveness formula when dealing with difficult situations.
- Questioning Skills
- Effective questioning skills.
- Using the funnel technique.
- Preparing for questions that focus on the objective you are trying to achieve.
- Questioning techniques to encourage the speaker to provide the information you are seeking.
- Solution focused questioning when dealing with feelings.
- Listening Skills
- Why listening skills are important.
- Key reasons why we can fail to listen effectively.
- Simple listening techniques to ensure that you listen effectively.
- Negotiation Skills
- The fundamental principles of influencing other people.
- Role of power to influence others.
- Your preferred influencing style and the impact on others.
- Barriers and Enablers to Influencing.