Effective communication over the phone is essential for any organization today that relies on customer service to grow or retain its customer base.
Even with the amazing range of technology available today, the most effective business tool is still the telephone. It’s the convenient, easily accessible lifeline for every sales team, billing department and customer service group. Yet, if used improperly, the telephone can be as damaging to your business as it is beneficial.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for customer service representatives, receptionists, call center staff, and anyone else who interacts directly with customers.
Your Greatest Tools – Tonality, Words and You
- The impact of tonality on the telephone
- Tonality techniques
- Choosing the right words
- Words customers do not want to hear
- The skills of the customer service agent
Processing Incoming And Outgoing Calls
- Transferring calls effectively
- Calls on hold principles
- Taking accurate messages
- Handling several calls
- Closing the call professionally
- The impact of first impressions
- The 80:20 rule of listening
- Asking the right questions
- Probing techniques
The Challenging Caller
- Dealing with customers complaints effectively
- Strategies for dealing with aggressive behavior
- Being proactive, rather than reactive
- Listening, empathizing, apologizing and solution finding